Reload this Page >

Accessing UK Private Pensions.

Accessing UK Private Pensions.

Old Apr 20th 2024, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Murrumba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accessing UK Private Pensions.

Hi Guys,
this is my first post, Im based in Brisbane Australia, looking to see if anyone has had issues with the following?
Has anyone had any issues with accessing private defined contribution pensions based in the UK.
Im with a major UK pension provider that will only allow full encashment of my pension (Not individual withdrawal or annuity).
Any withdrawals made will stay in a UK bank account.
Old Apr 21st 2024, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accessing UK Private Pensions.

This does see m to be an issue and will cause a large tax event from the ATO, regardless of whether you transfer the funds. You can challenge their reasons and try to work with them or move it to a fund that will allow it.
Old Apr 28th 2024, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accessing UK Private Pensions.

Originally Posted by DesertNomad
I've been trying to bring my UK pension over to Aus and it's been the most overly complicated and difficult process going. To the end where my super provider has said they just can't do it.
Bizarre. My UK pension is a SIPP which may make things more difficult than a standard pension, but still. Previously I was with Blackrock as i"m sure most are.
I've just left mine as it is. If I'm still in Aus when it comes time to claiming my pension I think the ATO would like to et their hands on some of it for sure. It will likely be 'double taxed' from what they've told me so far.

Good luck. If you find a way, please post an update here.
if you are trying to bring your SIPP over and into super there are very few options. I think just an SMSF now it can’t go into just any super account.