Option?

Old Apr 28th 2024, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Preexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Option?

Hubby and I are 41. We have a 20yr old at uni, 18yr old working, and 9 and 7 yr olds. We are all
british, although I spent my teenage years in Perth on what I think were my parents working visas. I believe my father later received PR (estranged) but has since died. My only other family is my sister and her family who are all citizens and live in Perth, and I’m keen to return, but I don’t know if we could make it work? Neither of us have transferable jobs, I’m self employed in bookkeeping and he is employed (degree level) in computer programming but at a small business level. I am a qualified nurse but I have been unregistered for I believe 8 years. We don’t have any capital bar our house here which ideally we’d rent out to start! Any advice please?
Old Apr 28th 2024, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Option?

Originally Posted by Preexpat
Hubby and I are 41. We have a 20yr old at uni, 18yr old working, and 9 and 7 yr olds. We are all
british, although I spent my teenage years in Perth on what I think were my parents working visas. I believe my father later received PR (estranged) but has since died. My only other family is my sister and her family who are all citizens and live in Perth, and I’m keen to return, but I don’t know if we could make it work? Neither of us have transferable jobs, I’m self employed in bookkeeping and he is employed (degree level) in computer programming but at a small business level. I am a qualified nurse but I have been unregistered for I believe 8 years. We don’t have any capital bar our house here which ideally we’d rent out to start! Any advice please?
Well at 41 you're running out of time, as the age limit for skilled visas is 45. Basically, one of you would need an occupation on the skills list, the other would go as a dependent on that visa
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ccupation-list

You'd also need to pass medical and police/character checks, and possibly an English exam like IELTS to make up your points, especially with your age against you.

Your two younger children would be included on your visa as dependents, and possibly your eldest, as long as they were still in full time education when the visa was granted. The working 18 year old would have to qualify on their own merits.

And its expensive. I doubt you'd get much change out of £10k just for the visas, medicals, police checks, skills assessments etc. Thats before you look at air fares and sipping, set-up costs in a new country, cars, cost of accommodation etc. Without wishing to rain on your parade, if you have no capital, how would you fund the move?