Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Am I going mad...

Am I going mad...

Old Aug 1st 2004, 3:48 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am I going mad...

..or did I just see Harry Enfield doing a Burger King advert ?
Old Aug 1st 2004, 3:54 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I going mad...

Originally posted by Webbie
Well, he does do the Travelocity commercials (with the Travelling Gnome).

I haven't seen it. Is it just voice over or is he actually in it??
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:08 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know exactly how to describe it.

It's definatly a spoof of other ads - it is the "Angus Beef diet"

Have to look out for it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things now...
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that also. Very strange to see Harry on US TV even if he has been doing the recent gnome ads for the travel company.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know exactly how to describe it.

It's definatly a spoof of other ads - it is the "Angus Beef diet"

Have to look out for it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things now...
It wasn't until the end of the ad I realised it was him. Gawd bless 'im, I was only thinking of The Old Gits just this last week.

Cheers,
David.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

The 2 best ads he ever did were the Worthington and Dime ones!
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by datcha
It wasn't until the end of the ad I realised it was him. Gawd bless 'im, I was only thinking of The Old Gits just this last week.

Cheers,
David.
LOL harry enfield is great... I think the Slobs and the 'you don't wanna do that' guy are excellent. Wish they would put his shows on DVD in NSTC format.

Ash
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:46 pm

I've seen it now. It was him.

Ahh... I remember when he was funny...

My fave was the Slobs - Wayne and Waynetta were talking about marrage and the kids:

"When are you gonna leave me. It's not natural this."

"The kids are being teased on the estate: 'You've got a Daddy, you've got a Daddy.' "
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:29 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

I've seen it now. It was him.

Ahh... I remember when he was funny...

My fave was the Slobs - Wayne and Waynetta were talking about marrage and the kids:

"When are you gonna leave me. It's not natural this."

"The kids are being teased on the estate: 'You've got a Daddy, you've got a Daddy.' "
And Waynetta wanting to have a brown baby!

Last edited by RoB1833; Aug 1st 2004 at 11:01 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw it today too, I was trying to work out if it was harry enfield.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Here you go, its got to be better than the bloody atkins diet

http://www.angusdiet.com/

Pleez-zure
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
Here you go, its got to be better than the bloody atkins diet

http://www.angusdiet.com/

Pleez-zure
Interesting that there's no reference to Harry on the website.

I also spotted that the sports car driven was right hand drive one in the advert but I'm still not 100% that the actor was Harry???....
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by AndySmithers
Interesting that there's no reference to Harry on the website.

I also spotted that the sports car driven was right hand drive one in the advert but I'm still not 100% that the actor was Harry???....
Check the top lip, a hint of Tim nice but Dim there.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:29 am
GJB
dart throwin' doofus

GJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to behold

My favorite was the Scousers, especially the one where they went to "that there Londun"...

Eh, eh, calm doon!