House Auctions?

Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:29 am
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road
Default House Auctions?

Has anyone sold their house this way or have any info?

House has been on the market 4 weeks - had 5 or 6 families round, the 3 who were interested still have properties to sell. I am feeling really desperate and want rid NOW. I know loads of you are in the same boat - just trying to find out about different options :scared:
Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Auctions?

That's an interesting one I hadn't considered.

Found this site:
http://www.property-auctions.net/Auc...by_auction.htm

Don't know how useful it is.

You could also put it with these people

http://www.thelittlehousecompany.co....8&CID=0&CTY=13

They sound quite good as they automatically pass the details on to loads of different house selling sites.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjj

House has been on the market 4 weeks - had 5 or 6 families round, the 3 who were interested still have properties to sell. I am feeling really desperate and want rid NOW. I know loads of you are in the same boat - just trying to find out about different options :scared:
I have bought two properties at auction. I had to have 10% cash deposit up front and exchanged contracts on the day, I then had to complete within 4 weeks of the auction.

The auctions were at Hotels in London and were very well organised. When I viewed my first flat (8 years ago) there were around 6 other people looking at the same time as me, and I know the agents were doing viewings on other days as well! Although when it came to bidding on the flat it was only me and someone else. (I beat him though hehe).

I am in the same position as a lot of other people and would seriously consider selling at auction, but would want to know the costs involved like:

How much will they charge me?
Will I be charged if the house does'nt reach it's reserve price and fails to sell?
Will my other 2 Estate Agents try to charge me? or will I have to cancel their contracts before I enter house into auction?

So many things to consider.

Good luck
Old Nov 25th 2004, 7:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jjj

Hiya jjj,
We have been on the market since beginning of June. Now on our 3rd estate agent and in all that time have only had about 5 viewings. I keep being told it's the time of year. We have considered putting our house up for auction but there are a few things that need to be considered. Firstly, you need to set a reserve, if it's too high you won't get any bidders and if it's too low you satnd to lose money. You have to pay an entry fee of around £400 + vat. Then if you sell, we were quote 2%. As much as we want to sell, we are only going to use an auction as a last resort. Hope this helps.
Sarah