pre july delay

Old Apr 24th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

harky01 has a spectacular aura aboutharky01 has a spectacular aura aboutharky01 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation pre july delay

hi just joined and looking for info anyone,our visa app went in on 20th june 04 with all the docs including our skills cert from tra,sorry should mention that we are applying under 138 skilled family sponsored,bond was paid on 9/9/04 to centrelink but we have heard nothing since,we sent our police checks in dec as our agent said it would not be long but that was then.still waiting for med requests and can't seem to find any info out as agent seems to be a fat lot of good and my brother in sydney can't get a straight answer from dimia in adelaide,obviously we are prety fed up having sold house and business at end of 04
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Jokat will become famous soon enoughJokat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: pre july delay

We are also June 04 applicants, same visa category 138 Aus sponsored. Like you have heard nothing, but unlike you, our bond assurer has also heard nothing! Our assurer contacted Centrelink who had no record of us, so our Agent then mailed DIMIA to check that there wasn't anything amiss. DIMIA informed Agent that our records haven't been passed across to Centrelink yet and wont be until we are assigned a Case Officer. Our Agent seemed to think that this was as it should but I'd be interested to find out why there is this inconsistency in processing, since Agent wasn't able to shed any light! It is terribly frustrating isn't it? But I guess under the old pre July system, the average waiting time was given as being 50-52 weeks, so we're not over that yet, but it's all the more irritating as later applications are now done and dusted under the new system. Just unfortunate timing - our papers were sent to DIMIA on 19/6/04, and received by them 24/06/04. Like you we have our own business to wrap up, but are hanging on putting the house on the market until our bond assurer has been called into Centrelink. This time last year, thought we'd be real close to being there, if not already - now seems like wishful thinking!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

harky01 has a spectacular aura aboutharky01 has a spectacular aura aboutharky01 has a spectacular aura about

it's strange that they took the bond money early as they hold that for 30 months and i assumed that it was taken 6 months before the end of visa process as the bond money is held for two years to offset against any claims,in other words dimia are passing all responsibility onto the assure of support,but yes were not quit at the 52 week stage but does the target of 52 weeks include from start to finish,this figure they give in there end of year reports,but i'ts frustrating all the same
back to the waiting game
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

gp18264 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by harky01
hi just joined and looking for info anyone,our visa app went in on 20th june 04 with all the docs including our skills cert from tra,sorry should mention that we are applying under 138 skilled family sponsored,bond was paid on 9/9/04 to centrelink but we have heard nothing since,we sent our police checks in dec as our agent said it would not be long but that was then.still waiting for med requests and can't seem to find any info out as agent seems to be a fat lot of good and my brother in sydney can't get a straight answer from dimia in adelaide,obviously we are prety fed up having sold house and business at end of 04

Hi there

Adelaide are officially assessing applications for May 04

Graham
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: pre july delay

there is light at the end of the tunnel then,we are ready to go as soon as poss but the goalpost keeps moving
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:59 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gp18264
Hi there

Adelaide are officially assessing applications for May 04

Graham
hi

I hope so because as I heard and waiting they are still processing the march and april applications

Badri
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

gp18264 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by badri
hi

I hope so because as I heard and waiting they are still processing the march and april applications

Badri
I e-mailed Adelaide on 21st April regarding my application and they told me they had started assessing May 04
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: pre july delay

thanks,nice to know someone has a decisive answer,my agent only seemed to get an email containing a general answer of 12 months plus,seems like dimia are very hard to get an answer from which is bad really as they are playing with peoples future and lives