Experience post MCSE

Old May 28th 2002, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Experience post MCSE

Just seen something on this site that the Work Related Experience only counts from after your qualification...sooo I got my MCSE in 1998 ish does this mean the WRE is only valid from this date forwards?

Ta very much
Old May 28th 2002, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

TerryB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experience post MCSE

I think the idea behind this is that someone with just the qualification cannot use it to gain a visa, if you have worked as an Administrator since before 1998, then all of your experience counts, not just since you gained your qualification.

You will need to submit your Qualifications and experience to the Australian Computer Society to have them recognise you as suitable for migration.

Hope this helps.
Old May 28th 2002, 1:19 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

MrFlibble,

Did you get some kind of "deeming date" in your ACS assessment? Usually an MCSE/D is regarded equivalent to an Aussie diploma in IT, which means it usually needs 4 years of IT experience to "upgrade" it so that it is positively assessed by ACS.

If you did receive a sort of "deeming date", then DIMIA will start counting your RWE will only start from that "deeming date", and not before. Note that in DIMIA will also use the "deeming date" to count if you have acquired the 12 months of work experience within the last 18 months (after the deeming date) to meet the basic requirement.

Hope this helps.

cheers,
peter

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
Just seen something on this site that the Work Related Experience only counts from after your qualification...sooo I got my MCSE in 1998 ish does this mean the WRE is only valid from this date forwards?
Old May 28th 2002, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for replies....I have already been positively assessed by ACS...not sure whether I noticed a deeming date on the ACS letter though....will have to check.
Old May 28th 2002, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh....flip....

I actually got my MCSE in June 1999..so as it stands I only have nearly 3 years experience....will they count the time from when they actually process the application i.e. it will be 3 years in June but I sent my application off about a month ago...or will they just take it up till the references 'ran out'?
Old May 28th 2002, 2:23 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Any mention about a "deeming date" or any date in your ACS assessment?
Old May 28th 2002, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not sure am away from home till Thursday night..I guess it would be June 1999 though as this was when I got my MCSE in NT4.0. I wander whether I should send DIMA another reference from my boss but one that goes up to June...therefore giving me the 3 years...or is it all too late :-(.
Old May 28th 2002, 2:42 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I hope it all goes well for you. Please post and tell us (me in particular!) when you get home and get to check if you have a deeming date from ACS. Thanks.

Rgds,
Peter

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
Not sure am away from home till Thursday night..I guess it would be June 1999 though as this was when I got my MCSE in NT4.0.
Old May 28th 2002, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yea will do...thanks very much for you help. I have posted something for George Lombard to have a look at...hopefully I can just send in an updated reference (that is if the deeming date is June 1999).

Thanks again
Old May 30th 2002, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ptlabs...

Just got home and there is no mention of a deem date on my letter.....so what does this mean you reckon then?
Old May 31st 2002, 2:33 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Flibble,

If there is no mention of any date, you *may* have gotten lucky and perhaps all your experience will count? I'm just guessing as well, since usually MSCE/D people have reported getting a deeming date...
Old May 31st 2002, 5:20 am
Lana

The deeming date in ours says "I would judge that this level of attainment could be
inferred from 06/99".

Is there anything remotely similar in yours?

Hope that helps.

Lana

MrFlibbleUK <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Ptlabs...
    >
    > Just got home and there is no mention of a deem date on my letter.....so what does
    > this mean you reckon then?

Old May 31st 2002, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Nope nothing like that is mentioned in the letter