deeming date?

Old Aug 4th 2002, 8:20 pm
Custard

Default deeming date?

Only just heard about 'deeming dates'. I applied for independent skilled migration
october 2001 and wanted to find out if the deeming date is applicable? My assessing
authority for qualifications was noosa, and lastly which skills/occupations are
priority at the moment? Any info much appreciated, thanks.

Old Aug 4th 2002, 10:20 pm
Jaj

Default Re: deeming date?

>On 4 Aug 2002 12:58:12 -0700, [email protected] (custard) wrote: Only just
    >heard about 'deeming dates'. I applied for independent skilled migration october
    >2001 and wanted to find out if the deeming date is applicable? My assessing
    >authority for qualifications was noosa,

Noosa's a resort in Queensland You must mean NOOSR.

The relevant date in that case should be the date of your degree or teaching
certificate (are you a teacher?).

>and lastly which skills/occupations are priority at the moment?

Only nurses get priority processing at the moment. If you've applied to the AHC
London I believe they've done most or all nurses in the system there.

The MODL is at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/modl.htm

Jeremy

Old Aug 5th 2002, 8:20 pm
Custard

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > >On 4 Aug 2002 12:58:12 -0700, [email protected] (custard) wrote: Only just
    > >heard about 'deeming dates'. I applied for independent skilled migration october
    > >2001 and wanted to find out if the deeming date is applicable? My assessing
    > >authority for qualifications was noosa,
    >
    > Noosa's a resort in Queensland You must mean NOOSR.
    >
    > The relevant date in that case should be the date of your degree or teaching
    > certificate (are you a teacher?).
    >
    > >and lastly which skills/occupations are priority at the moment?
    >
    > Only nurses get priority processing at the moment. If you've applied to the AHC
    > London I believe they've done most or all nurses in the system there.
    >
    > The MODL is at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/modl.htm
    >
    >
    > Jeremy

Thanks for the info jeremy yep i did mean noosr... oops. i'm an art teacher, so guess
that's not a priority! What do you mean about the relevant date of my teaching cert?
I'm still not clear about what all that means? Also do you know if because the points
have been increased, - when my application is assessed it will be based on 115 points
and not 110? ...it was 110 when i sent off my application. Thanks again.

Old Aug 5th 2002, 9:20 pm
Jaj

>On 5 Aug 2002 11:59:03 -0700, [email protected] (custard) wrote: Thanks for
    >the info jeremy yep i did mean noosr... oops. i'm an art teacher, so guess that's
    >not a priority! What do you mean about the relevant date of my teaching cert? I'm
    >still not clear about what all that means?

It's the date you qualified as a teacher or got your degree.

> Also do you know if because the points have been increased, - when my application
    > is assessed it will be based on 115 points and not 110? ...it was 110 when i sent
    > off my application. Thanks again.

If you applied before 8 May 2002 (and you application was received before then) the
pass mark is 110.

Jeremy

Old Aug 6th 2002, 1:20 pm
Recipe

> The relevant date in that case should be the date of your degree or teaching
    > certificate (are you a teacher?).
    >

I wonder if it's interpreted in the same way as for those who apply for PR after
completing a relevant Australian qualification ... i.e. the date the results go up on
the noticeboard, rather than graduation day.

Old Aug 6th 2002, 3:58 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Recipe
I wonder if it's interpreted in the same way as for those who apply for PR after completing a relevant Australian qualification ... i.e. the date the results go up on the noticeboard, rather than graduation day.
If you're referring to when the 6-month countdown begins for skilled onshore overseas students, it starts when you receive your final results, not your graduation date.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Old Aug 7th 2002, 12:20 am
Recipe

> If you're referring to when the 6-month countdown begins for skilled onshore
    > overseas students, it starts when you receive your final results, not your
    > graduation date.
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >

Thanks, yes, that's what I meant. Is the PR skills deeming date designated in
the same way?

Old Aug 7th 2002, 10:04 am
Jaj

>On 6 Aug 2002 16:25:55 -0700, [email protected] (recipe) wrote:
    >> If you're referring to when the 6-month countdown begins for skilled onshore
    >> overseas students, it starts when you receive your final results, not your
    >> graduation date.
    >> Hope this helps.
    >Thanks, yes, that's what I meant. Is the PR skills deeming date designated in the
    >same way?

For most people applying from offshore it doesn't matter, as they will have qualified
a few years previously. The Regulations don't actually answer the question for the
cases where it could make a difference.

Jeremy

Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:00 pm
Custard

[email protected] (recipe) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > >
    > > If you're referring to when the 6-month countdown begins for skilled onshore
    > > overseas students, it starts when you receive your final results, not your
    > > graduation date.
    > >
    > >
    > > Hope this helps.
    > >
    > Thanks, yes, that's what I meant. Is the PR skills deeming date designated in the
    > same way?

Sorry, to appear so dense but I still don't know what the deeming date business
means?! I now understand it is the date I received my results from pgce - for
secondary sch. teaching but how does the d.d. relate to the ind. skilled mig
application? And where does it become a nightmare and mess up final process? many
thanks again.

Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

I quite agree, would somebody please explain in plain english and in as few words as possible what exactly is a deeming date and when is it relevant. so far you've all been talking in riddles!
Susan
Old Aug 7th 2002, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mike & karen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

With regards to the Deeming Date.

The DEEMING DATE is the date were the Australian goverment recognise, that you are qualified in your trade, and from that date only.

You must then show at least 12 month's work experience from that date before you can lodge your application.

Mike
Old Aug 7th 2002, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Mike now we all know
Old Aug 7th 2002, 9:25 pm
Jaj

In simple terms:

1. Work experience must be 'skilled' to qualify for the meeting the basic
requirements and getting points.

2. In order to be 'skilled' work experience must be post-qualification.

3. Normally the relevant date is the date of your formal qualification and is
pretty obvious.

4. However, some assessing bodies allow work experience to substitute for all or
part of the education requirements, including ACS and TRA.

5. In these cases, you get a 'deeming date' which is the date you're 'deemed' to be
qualified.

6. You can only count work experience after this date for DIMIA purposes.

7. To give an example. Suppose someone has worked for 4 years, 6 months and gets an
RPL assessment from ACS, with a deeming date 4 years into his work experience
(just notional figures). This would mean that he could only count the last 6
months work experience as skilled for DIMIA purposes. As you need at least 12
months skilled experience to meet the basic requirements, if this person applied
immediately, he would be refused.

8. Same applies for getting points, if you have a recent deeming date you will not
be able to get points for work experience, as you would need 3 years skilled
experience *after* your deeming date.

Does this make things any clearer?

Jeremy

>On 7 Aug 2002 19:15:05 GMT, susmac <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I quite agree, would somebody please explain in plain english and in as few words as
    >possible what exactly is a deeming date and when is it relevant. so far you've all
    >been talking in riddles! Susan
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:31 am
Recipe

> For most people applying from offshore it doesn't matter, as they will have
    > qualified a few years previously. The Regulations don't actually answer the
    > question for the cases where it could make a difference.
    > Jeremy

I had a feeling that would be the answer about the regulations. It would matter to
people like me who switched careers to get into Oz - we put our applications in at
the earliest possible opportunity, but at least in that case the 'received results'
date would allow a saving of a few months. Still, I'm in and have made my initial
entry recce visit.

(As a result, but OT) When I get round to it I'll post my findings. If anyone wants
some info about the strip from Brisbane down to Coffs Harbour, post here and I'll get
in touch (I don't check the given email).

Old Aug 13th 2002, 2:23 pm
Rod

Does the deeming date has to be clearly stated on the ACS letter? I was assessed as
suitable for migration - however it was group B and I had to prove 4 years of IT
experience.

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > In simple terms:
    > 1. Work experience must be 'skilled' to qualify for the meeting the basic
    > requirements and getting points.
    > 2. In order to be 'skilled' work experience must be post-qualification.
    > 3. Normally the relevant date is the date of your formal qualification and is
    > pretty obvious.
    > 4. However, some assessing bodies allow work experience to substitute for all or
    > part of the education requirements, including ACS and TRA.
    > 5. In these cases, you get a 'deeming date' which is the date you're 'deemed' to
    > be qualified.
    > 6. You can only count work experience after this date for DIMIA purposes.
    > 7. To give an example. Suppose someone has worked for 4 years, 6 months and gets
    > an RPL assessment from ACS, with a deeming date 4 years into his work
    > experience (just notional figures). This would mean that he could only count
    > the last 6 months work experience as skilled for DIMIA purposes. As you need at
    > least 12 months skilled experience to meet the basic requirements, if this
    > person applied immediately, he would be refused.
    > 8. Same applies for getting points, if you have a recent deeming date you will not
    > be able to get points for work experience, as you would need 3 years skilled
    > experience *after* your deeming date.
    > Does this make things any clearer?
    > Jeremy
    > >On 7 Aug 2002 19:15:05 GMT, susmac <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >I quite agree, would somebody please explain in plain english and in as few words
    > >as possible what exactly is a deeming date and when is it relevant. so far you've
    > >all been talking in riddles! Susan
    > >
    > >--
    > >
    > >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.